39th Annual Chili Cook Off
Saturday September 23rd, 2017
11:30am - 3:30pm
WANTED: Chili Chefs
- With over 20 booths there will be plenty of delicious park-made chili to taste
- Tasting will begin at 12:00 pm,
- Unlimited Tasting Wristbands go on sale at 11:30 am for $10
- Wristbands allow you to vote for your favorite Chili in the People's Choice category.
- Musical entertainment will be on site.
- Dogs are welcome.
- Come share your favorite chili recipe!
- Registration is free
- Each chef needs to make at least ten gallons of chili
- All Chili must be made on-site.
- Preparation of food can occur off-site (i.e. cutting vegetables) prior to event.
- Chili must be ready to serve at 12:00 pm.
- People's Choice voting ends at 3:00pm or when you run out of chili.
- We will provide you with the serving cups and spoons
- Prize Categories:
- MOST CREATIVE BOOTH: Presentation is everything! Our theme this year is Marinship 75 Mess Hall to help celebrate our 75th anniversary of our Marinship shipyards. Think WWII navy as a starting point and anchors away!! Decorate your booth and your people! (no hay bales allowed).
- JUDGES’ CHOICE: A panel of judges will help to determine best chili.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Participants who purchase an Unlimited Tasting Wristband will be give 5 voting tokens to vote for their favorite chili.
- Prizes donated by our fantastic sponsor, Heath Ceramics.
- Chef Registration is open now until Wednesday September 20th. Download Registration Form here Chefs who register before Monday August 28th get their name on the 2017 Chili Cook Off Apron and get 2 aprons.
- A limited number of Pop-up Tents and 6' Tables are available for rent. These are available to rent on August 7 at 9:00 am by calling 415-289-4152
- The Volunteers in Public Safety (V.I.P.S.) will also be onsite cooking delicious hot dogs for non-chili enthusiasts.
If you have any questions please call Julie Myers 415-289-4198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org